Make good use of the health benefits of quinoa
Cajun chicken quinoa
What you’ll need
- ½ kg Cocorico chicken breasts
- tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 3 corn on the cobs
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 medium red onion,
- sliced to half moons
- 200g butter beans, canned
- 1 cup quinoa
- handful of mint, finely chopped
- 100g yogurt
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Marinate the chicken in 1 tbsp olive oil and cajun seasoning. Add 1 tbsp olive oil into an ovenproof pan and warm on medium heat. Add the corn on the cobs and cook on each side until browned. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Move the pan to the oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 74°C.
- Next, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the red onions, sautéing until fragrant.
- Add the quinoa with 2 cups of water and cook uncovered until all the water is absorbed. Add the butter beans last.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, mint and cucumbers.
- Grab a knife and deseed the corn kernels by running the knife along the cob.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa into each bowl. Top with chopped chicken and a dollop of yogurt.