Make the swap from carbs to healthy
Cauliflower and mushroom rice pilaf
Gone are the days of boring cauli rice that tastes like, well, cauliflower. We’re all about healthy substitutes, but tasty ones packed full of flavour and that make you want to grab first and second dibs. The carmelized onions and mushrooms lend this rice pilaf a sultry flavour and make it the perfect side dish for anything chicken — we happen to love it paired with a classic roast chicken.
What you’ll need
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
How to make it
- To make the cauliflower rice, cut into chunks and use a food grater to make the ‘rice’, or blitz in a food processor until grainy.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add in the onions and stir until golden.
- Add in the mushrooms and cauliflower rice and cook for 8 minutes. Cover with a lid to quickly steam the cauliflower rice.