This is not a retro recipe, it is a Summer recipe
Chicory and blood orange mozzarella salad
What you’ll need
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 cup red chicory
- 1 tbsp capers
- ⅛ cup toasted and salted walnuts
- 100g mozzarella, drained
For the dressing
- Juice of one blood orange
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
How to make it
- Peel and cut the blood oranges into disks.
- Heat a griddle and arrange the oranges on top, searing for about two minutes. To make the dressing, heat the orange juice, red wine vinegar and honey for 3 minutes until thickened.
- Cool it and then add the olive oil.
- To arrange the salad, place the red chicory on a plate and top with the capers, blood oranges and walnuts.
- Add the mozzarella on top and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve with toasted sourdough on the side.