Classic liver and purple onions
Fuel your body with protein-rich chicken livers
We’ve grabbed some Cocorico chicken livers and kept it super classic and simple with a quick sauté in olive oil with red onions. Eating the whole animal is one of the best ways to beat inflammation in the body. By consuming muscle meat, bone broth and organ meats like liver, the human body will have all the tools it needs for growth and repair.
What you’ll need
- 0.5 kg Cocorico chicken liver
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped red onion
How to make it
- Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped red onions and sauté until translucent and aromatic for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the chicken livers and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Spoon some of the onions onto a plate and top with liver. Enjoy!