Classic schnitzel love with roast potatoes
What you’ll need for the schnitzel
- 4 skinless and boneless Cocorico chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs or panko
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp butter
For the roasted potatoes
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 225°C. Coat the washed baby potatoes with olive oil and transfer to a lined baking dish. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes until tender.
- Pound chicken breasts down to 0.5 cm thickness. Sprinkle each piece with sea salt and pepper.
- Beat the 2 eggs with the Dijon mustard in a bowl. In another bowl, pour in the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture then press into the breadcrumbs, fully coating each chicken breast.
- In a skillet, warm 1 tbsp of coconut oil with 1 tbsp of butter on medium-high heat. Add two chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until golden on both sides. This should take 10 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a paper-lined plate. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of butter and cook the other two chicken breasts.
- Remove the cooked potatoes from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Plate next to the schnitzel with a lemon wedge.