Looking for a light lunch?
Crispy chicken with gem lettuce
What you’ll need
- ½ kg Cocorico chicken breast fillets
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 heads of gem lettuce, halved
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ tbsp honey
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 225 C. To make the gluten-free bread crumbs, combine the almond flour, oregano, basil, onion powder and sea salt in a bowl. Beat the egg in a separate bowl. Dip each chicken fillet in the egg mixture then in the almond flour mix.
- Transfer each fillet to a parchment-lined baking tray. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes and bake until golden and crispy.
- In the meanwhile, cook the quinoa in 2 cups of water uncovered until all the water is absorbed.
- Mix in the chopped parsley.
- To prepare the gem lettuce, heat a griddle until hot and cook the little gems for 6 minutes, flipping mid-way.
- To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice, tahini and honey until creamy.
- To serve, spoon some quinoa into each plate and top with chopped chicken and gem lettuce. Drizzle the dressing on top.