Crunchy sweet and sour chicken bites
The best of two worlds: Sweet and sour!
If your taste buds are on board with sweet and savory, then we think you’ll like these sweet and sour chicken bites as well. To get your chicken looking golden and crispy, buy a kilo or two of skin-on chicken cuts. We opted for coconut oil in this recipe, although you can also use sesame oil or olive oil.
What you’ll need
- 1-2 kilos of Cocorico chicken breast
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 leeks, sliced length-wise
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly fry the chicken on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- Once ready, remove from heat.
- In a separate skillet, lightly fry the leeks in sesame oil for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a bed of leeks and drizzle with sweet and sour sauce.