Sweet and salty done right
Honey tamari baked chicken thighs
First of all, what is tamari?
Tamari is traditionally tied to the Japanese unlike the soy sauce. The sauce is thicker, less salty, a fermented version of soy sauce that contains less wheat. It can be used in asian and non-asian cooking to add a full, savory, umami flavor to your dishes.
What you’ll need
- 1.5 to 2 kg Cocorico whole legs
¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 220° C.
- Mix all ingredients together and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then switch to broil to brown the chicken.
- Internal temperature of the chicken should reach 74°C.
- Remove the chicken thighs from heat and garnish with sesame seeds.