Are you a wasabi, mustard and horseradish lover?
Spicy chicken on apple and horseradish sandwich
What you’ll need
- 250g Cocorico chicken fillets
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee1 green apple, thinly sliced half moons
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced half moons
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish
- smoked gouda cheese
How to make it
- Marinate the chicken in the olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Heat a griddle on high heat for about 3 minutes. Add olive oil to coat the entire surface. Add the chicken, season with salt and cook for 6 minutes on one side then flip over and cook for another 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the apples and shallots, cooking for about 7 minutes. Toast your sourdough bread, then spread with the mustard and horseradish. Top with sauerkraut, sliced chicken and a slice of smoked gouda.
- Preheat the grill to high and pop in the oven to melt the cheese slightly. Top with the apples and shallots.