Lemony chili chicken and rice soup
Make this for the colder days
What you’ll need
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 150g white rice
- 1 kg Cocorico chicken breasts
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 parsley sprigs
How to make it
- To make the lemony chili oil, heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Place in the sliced garlic and sauté until golden. Remove from the heat and place in a heat-proof bowl. Add in the juice of 1 lemon and the red pepper flakes.
- Add the onions to the saucepan and drizzle in 1 tsp of olive oil. Swirl the onions until slightly golden. Add in 2 liters of water along with the rice and chicken breasts. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The chicken should take 20 minutes to cook.
- Once cooked through, remove the chicken from the saucepan and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken with a knife and fork.
- Add the chicken back to the saucepan along with the spinach. Add 1 tbsp of sea salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and divide the soup into bowls. Drizzle each bowl with the lemony chili oil. Garnish with parsley sprigs.