Sunday brunch sunny side up
If you’re not a weekend morning person, or any morning person for that matter, then make these eggs sunny side up in time for a late brunch. Amp up your protein by adding in some chicken and top off with some juicy cherry tomatoes, asparagus and crumbly feta cheese.
What you’ll need
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sliced Cocorico chicken breast
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
How to make it
- Follow this technique to get perfectly cooked whites with a soft yolk.
- To begin, heat a cast iron skillet with a bit of oil until hot.
- Crack an egg in the center and cook the egg whites until they turn an opaque white.
- Next, add a few droplets of water to the skillet and cover with a lid for 30 seconds.
- The steam will cook the egg whites on the surface while keeping the yolk soft.
- To prepare the asparagus: Add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to a skillet.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Top with lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon.
- Sauté everything until aromatic. Add in the asparagus and sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange two asparagus fronds on a plate and top with the egg.
- Add some sliced chicken on the side and layer with cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta. Voila!