A lick of sweet and savory
Chicken pastrami and apricot chutney
Chutney is a type of condiment that is made from a base of fruit, vegetable or herb and is mixed with vinegar and sugar. Chutney has origins from India and is used in many dishes to enhance dishes and balance out flavours.
What you’ll need
- 1 Cocorico chicken pastrami breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup snow peas
- 500g apricots
- 1 apple
- 2 cm knob of ginger
- 1 red chili
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 100g sugar of choice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
How to make it
- To make the apricot chutney, pulse the apple, ginger and chili in a food processor.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the vinegar, salt and paprika.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stone the apricots and cut them into small pieces.
- Add the chopped apricot to the saucepan with the sugar.
- Boil the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Slice the chicken pastrami into thin pieces.
- Top with a serving of the apricot chutney and snow peas.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with pine nuts nad pumpkin seeds for the extra crunch.