Hearty chicken soup with fresh vegetables
We’ve sung the praises of bone broth and its role in boosting immunity. Here we have a new take on the classic chicken soup by using ingredients like broccoli sprouts, baby peas, chives, ginger, chili and lime zest. All you need to do is add in some shredded chicken breast and voila!
What you’ll need
- 1 kg cooked Cocorico chicken breasts, shredded
- 1.5 liters chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts
- ½ cup baby peas
- 5 sprigs of chopped chive
- 3cm knob of grated ginger
- 1 Teja Indian chili finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- Chopped coriander
How to make it
- Heat the butter or oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Sauté the baby peas.
- Add the chicken stock with the ginger and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cooked shredded chicken until well heated.
- Add the broccoli sprouts, chive and lime zest.
- Remove from heat. Enjoy!