Chicken tandoori on warm bok choy
Bok choy, which is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, is known to ‘crucify’ diseases just as its name leads on.
Bok choy is packed with high amounts of vitamin C and A, as well as potassium. Vitamin C is a powerhouse antioxidant, vitamin A is known to be an immunity booster and potassium assists with muscle and nerve conduction.
For your next chicken side dish, try sautéeing some bok choy in olive oil with garlic and enjoy.
What you’ll need for the tandoori spice mix is in this list. Be sure to store your spice mix in an airtight container in a cool area away from sunlight. Use a tablespoon each of:
- Sea salt
For the chicken drumsticks and bok choy, you’ll need:
- 1kg Cocorico chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp tandoori spice mix
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks of bok choy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to make it
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Make a spice paste by combining the tandoori spice mix with 2 tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Coat the drumsticks with the paste.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add the minced garlic.
- Add the bok choy and lightly sauté. Serve next to the chicken drumsticks.